Use PPAPI/Pepper-Flash from Google Chrome in Chromium
Adobe ended the development of NPAPI-Flash for Linux but PPAPI/Pepper-Flash is offered with Google Chrome. This site stores PPAPI/Pepper-versions of Flash for Chromium. They are extracted from Google Chrome (stable).
- Grab you desired version of PPAPI/Pepper-Flash:
- Extract it (with root rights) to you installation of chromium. e.g: sudo tar xvzf PepperFlash_XX.X.XX.X_amd64.tar.gz /usr/lib/chromium-browser/
- Change the chromium-flags in /etc/chromium-browser/default to: CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/chromium-browser/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=XX.X.XX.X"
- Restart chromium
- Deactivate the NPAPI-Flash in chrome://plugins
- Does this work on my distribution, too?
- The files are from chrome’s .deb. So this tutorial should work at least on Debian/Ubuntu based systems. It has been tested on Lubuntu 12.10 64bit. You might have to change the paths on other systems.